waiting for response problem

kandcsept12

Beta member
hello, i keep on getting a waiting for a response error every time i open a program or web browser. does anybody know how to fix this problem or help me on how to fix it. thanks. and im running windows 7

Can you use any internet resource? I.e. is this a problem with your internet connection (i.e. you get an error message when a program tries to access the internet) or a general error message everytime you open any program?

It may help to print screen the error message so we know exactly what's going on.

i mean Computer Program That's Not Responding. example: when i open a program up, on the top of the task bar it say the tiltle of the program and it says Program Not Responding. it does that every time i open a program or internet browser. and then if the program dose not respond then my computer crashes. when it crashes my computer restarts it self. ill try to post a pix of it

If that happens with any program, then it sounds like a pretty big issue. I'd recommend the usual - boot into safe mode, run a full virus scan, run defrag and chkdsk and see if that solves the issue. If not, I'd recommend a full wipe / reinstall.

As a side note, it could be possible that it's due to a component in your PC failing, such as the hard drive - so I'd also advise backing everything up ASAP if it's not already. To rule this one out you'd have to check the SMART status or run a drive diagnostics test.

Back
Top Bottom