Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-20-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
Beta Member

Angry waiting for response problem

hello, i keep on getting a waiting for a response error every time i open a program or web browser. does anybody know how to fix this problem or help me on how to fix it. thanks. and im running windows 7

kandcsept12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: waiting for response problem

Can you use any internet resource? I.e. is this a problem with your internet connection (i.e. you get an error message when a program tries to access the internet) or a general error message everytime you open any program?

It may help to print screen the error message so we know exactly what's going on.

berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Beta Member

i mean Computer Program That's Not Responding. example: when i open a program up, on the top of the task bar it say the tiltle of the program and it says Program Not Responding. it does that every time i open a program or internet browser. and then if the program dose not respond then my computer crashes. when it crashes my computer restarts it self. ill try to post a pix of it
kandcsept12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Site Team

If that happens with any program, then it sounds like a pretty big issue. I'd recommend the usual - boot into safe mode, run a full virus scan, run defrag and chkdsk and see if that solves the issue. If not, I'd recommend a full wipe / reinstall.

As a side note, it could be possible that it's due to a component in your PC failing, such as the hard drive - so I'd also advise backing everything up ASAP if it's not already. To rule this one out you'd have to check the SMART status or run a drive diagnostics test.
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Solid State Member

This is due to fragmentation of your hard drive, a simple defrag would solve this problem.

I found a tutorial on How to defrag on Windows 7 follow that to solve your fragmentation problem.

Also there are many programs to help optimize your computer I suggest you checkout The Best Defrag Software (Top 10) page to find the software most suitable for you.
BuzzCola is offline   Reply With Quote