W7MC HDD records duplicates of each program thumbnail?

stevethebrain

In Runtime
I'm using this PCC as a DVR to record TV programs.

HDD records duplicates of each program thumbnail?

I'm using Windows 7 media center and a Western Digital MY Book Elite external HDD.

Each new program's thumbnail is being duplicated and is also counted as two programs, also each old show's thumbnail that was previously recorded to this drive has also been duplicated, I believe the HDD space used isn't doubled, I haven't confirmed that yet., if one of the duplicates is deleted then both are deleted.

I have since switched this Western Digital MY Book Elite external HDD as my storage drive (which is a USB 2 type) and the duplication and sleep issues has gone away however I would prefer to use the WD as my primary everyday record watch and delete, HDD it still actually works maybe it can be reset?

I have some Western Digital HDD diagnoses software I can try however I believe it's W7MC settings that are somehow not configured correctly for a external drive?

Edit: The Western Digital MY Book Elite external HDD comes w/ a automatic backup SW however I have never used it I would prefer to choose what I backup plus it really doesn't make any sense to backup on the same drive I'm thinking when the drive fails both copies are lost correct? or is backup just in case only a few sectors are damaged and the backups are automatically moved to a good sector while the original files are lost in the bad sectors?

Edit 2: To clairify these programs that are being duplicated are on the same date and time and channel. W7MC is set to only record new programs not new and reruns.

Edit 3: I'm not using the W7MC guide listings to set my recordings I use date,time and channel.

Any tips is appreciated STB

Back
Top Bottom