VPN in Mexico

Please take a look at the link in my signature.

There is no way to know what's best for you entire country. A good indicator (maybe) would be to check where their servers are. The one closest to you should be the best option. Have you tried any of the free VPNs available?

May I ask why you need a VPN?

When in Mexico, I have encountered difficulty in reaching US websites due to my location. Also partially for security.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I have not tried anyVPN's at all.....just researching.

When in Mexico, I have encountered difficulty in reaching US websites due to my location. Also partially for security.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I have not tried anyVPN's at all.....just researching.

Asking is not really research. Reviews are your best bet. Although finding reviews specific to Mexico may prove hard. Start here:

https://www.bestvpn.com/free-vpns/

https://www.lifewire.com/best-vpn-service-providers-4061659

Correct. I have read the reviews and narrowed the choices down to the two that I asked about. Thanks.

Correct. I have read the reviews and narrowed the choices down to the two that I asked about. Thanks.

OK. The only thing I can tell you is that I've used plenty and there is no difference.

Right now people only use VPNs to access restricted content, so VPN providers limit the location of the proxy servers you can use. Other than that the difference is minimal. You have to remember that every free VPN will have limited bandwidth and download speeds, because that costs money.

If you'll use the VPN just to browse the Internet, then use any free VPN that lets you use the locations you need. If you plan on watching Netflix, YT, etc. you may have to pay for one with more bandwidth and download limit.

Nowadays Android apps make money off ads, so you could find good VPNs with unlimited bandwidth and limits for free. TurboVPN is a good example. If you have an Android phone, connect to the VPN and then tether the connection to your PC. That would increase the bandwidth and limit, while mantaining the cost.

It's important to know (for you) why you're getting a VPN. If you're just trying to get around your countries media filter, then any VPN that doesn't kill your bandwidth will do and you shouldn't worry (...too much) about your identity.

If you're using a VPN to do [WhateverYouWant] without it being tracked back to you, just a VPN won't do anything to mask your activity. Consider this; a VPN just tunnels your traffic to somewhere else. So you, John Doe, with Computer ID 12345 connect to your Facebook from IP {SomewhereInMexico}. Now John Doe, with Computer ID 12345 connect to his Facebook from IP {SomewhereElse}. There's also traffic to {SomeSiteConsideredIllegal} from the same IP..... pretty easy to see it's Joe Doe with Computer ID 12345.

I'm sure there's anons out there more prolific than I on masking activity, but remember to be smart. Get an old computer, put Linux on it, and create the account with a fake name, new email, never log into ANYTHING related to John Doe on that PC. No facebook, no checking your email, no posting in forums John Doe posts in... you're someone different, so be consistent. I'm not advocating illegal activity by any means, but if you're aiming for privacy, remember that simple mistakes can crumble all your efforts very quickly.

If you are looking for complete privacy install TailsOS.

It uses the TOR network to connect online and the TOR browser to, well, browse the Internet. The TOR browser has also a lot of cool features like HTTPS everywhere, disables JavaScript, etc.

It also doesn't write any information to the disk. There is an image in the medium you chose (for example a flash drive), it's unpacked to the RAM and then when you shut down your computer everything goes away. You can choose to have an encrypted storage on that flash drive.

It also spoofs your MAC Address which is pretty important.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

PS: VPNs are not recommended for a number of reasons. One of them is a permanent exit point, which could be used to trace your connection back to you.

It also spoofs your MAC Address which is pretty important.

Why? hardware address is only useful to the first routing device, then your home router is going to replace your spoofed mac address with its real one on the next segment...

To answer the first question... I'd use nordVPN.
why? - I've heard of them, they are a big company, they could afford a vendor booth at AWS summit this year, (which I've heard are crazy expensive.) so I'd imaging that they (being a global player) have the money, insurance and expertise to offer a decent service,
whilst I've never heard of PrivateVPN
Having googled for them... they seem to have limited servers, etc, they don't rank well...

on the other hand, BOTH offer a free trial, so try them both!

some interesting questions raised though, are you just trying to get around an IP filter, or are you trying to be anon on the internet?

Back
Top Bottom