Volume button starts up excel?

somekid120

Baseband Member
i have an hp pavillion dv6 and evertime i turn on or off the volume by touching the volume button on the computer, it starts up windows excel which is so annoying! Is it a virus and should i run an anti-virus scan? Did i mess up something somewhere?

It sounds like you have a hotkey or some kind of keyboard shortcut set to open Excel. May have happened by accident or I guess it might be possible that a virus overwrote your hotkey bindings.

It sounds like you have a hotkey or some kind of keyboard shortcut set to open Excel. May have happened by accident or I guess it might be possible that a virus overwrote your hotkey bindings.
Agreed - have a look and see if there's a custom bit in your control panel that's set to manage the bindings, you might be able to edit something there. And it never hurts to run a virus scan just in case :)

thank you everyone but i think i am gonna just get it looked at. i have done a thorough scan with avast anti virus software but it didnt pick up anything. could it be games on my computer such as wonderking, combat arms, counter strike? Also, explain the hotkey thing and how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom