Vista VS XP - Comparison

Johanster

Baseband Member
Hey guys. which is better, Windows Vista or Windows XP in general. The prospective, the gaming world.

Please post your answer as well vote in the poll

I have much less problems gaming in Vista compared to XP on the same computer.

I have never really tried Vista to try everything I do normally (XP is my main OS) but most applications that are developed were programmed (usually) to work on Windows XP. When Vista came it changed some things and didn't allow certain programs to run because they depended on things that XP had that Vista changed (or removed) a lot of issues have been fixed with Vista since the release and many developers have come out (or are working on) a version of there program(s) optimized for Vista.
And about the "memory and resource hogging of Vista" that is only if you try to run it on hardware that it cannot run well on (of course) This same thing happened with Windows 98 to XP. If you try to run XP on a 500mhz processor with 128mb of RAM it will be pretty slow (even with all the effects turned off, such as fading and the minimizing effect)
I use XP as my main OS because that is what came on my computer. I will upgrade to Vista when I get a new computer that has Vista pre-installed.

I use to think Windows XP was better because everyone was saying "oh Vista sucks, it's slow, it's too complicated" and stuff, then I realised, well, the people that said that were the ones that didn't know much about computers.
I use to be a Microsoft fan, then an Apple fan.
But out of XP and Vista, I'll probably say Vista, but it is a close one.

Honestly, if Vista is too slow then you just didn't spend enough $$$ on hardware.

1st - Vista (just by 0.000001)
2nd - XP
3rd - Linux/Unix based OS'
4th - Mac

I hate macs.

I use both,XP on my gaming rig and vista on laptop,For gaming i choose XP Because vista doesnt run some of my games,and also XP uses less resources so i get slightly higher FPS,But as time goes on and more and more games are designed for Vista,I Might make the switch.

I hate macs.

Early Mac OS (Mainly OS6,OS7,OS8) Were better than Windows 95 and 98! They were MUCH More Reliable,And could run on the simplest of hardware,I had a Power PC 5400LC (2nd 'puter :D) And it's specs were 120Mhz,8mb RAM and it beat 95 and 98 by a mile!

XP is far faster with most setups, and has better driver support, but apparantly Vista is quicker on very powerful machines.

Back
Top Bottom