Vista upgrade on Toshiba Satellite causing problems with sound and Outlook Express.

jamesish

Beta member
Hey all,

I recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite M55-S3512 to Vista-Home edition.

Everything is working fine except for two things (well that I've found so far):

-I have no sound. It tells me "No Audio Output Device is found", when the dang laptop has speakers built in.

-When I go to write an email using Outlook Express, the field to type text has the little red "X" like if a picture was not hosted properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated... honestly I'm thinking about trashing it and going back to XP at this point. Neither Microsoft or Toshiba's customer service seem very willing to help...........

Thanks,
James

you might have to go to device manager and update the driver for it. it should hopefully find and install a driver automatically (i had to do this for a few things)
as for the outlook express think i dont know

I had the same problem when i first installed vista, goto windows update and let it update your drivers, this sorted mine out.

Can you post a screenshot of your outlook problem

Toshiba support won't help you regardless of your problem. I've called many times and they, first of all, don't understand English and they never understand the problem. All they say to do is reformat for everything. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom