Is Vista really bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete pap, DRM isnt as restrictive as some people will have you believe, thats what the vista haters want you to think.:)

Quick question for the vista users here. How many of you have been affected by stuff in that post? Ive had no such problems. :)
i havent been effected and i am running a cracked version of vista lite si i guess i would be prime target oh and an illegal version of office 07

Well,At the moment i havent been affected by anything said....But at the moment i dont like Vista.....

1.I can't run Ultimate on ma pc (Yet)
So,Until i upgrade,Im not going to bother upgradeing to vista.

2.I Tried vista at DSE,And i though it look great and then a sale's assistant came up to me and asked me to try it,I moved the mouse and it Froze,They had to unplug the laptop,then take out the battery......

im running vista lite

i think vista is amazing personally...yes it uses around 380mb of ram without AERO on but its great

it runs really good on my dads laptop and my computer
laptop
1.6ghz celeron
1gb of dual channel ddr2 533 ram
70gb harddrive
128mb vid card

and my computer
3.0ghz pent d
1gb of dual channel ddr 400
256mb xfx 7600gs agp

also at first its hard to find things...but after you get used to it i love the whole design etc....it works out really good!...and i love how in the task manager it shows how much ram you use instead of the pointless page file

there is alot of trash talk about vista. i have been running ultimate on a 2.0ghz (not dual core) 1gb ram for a couple of months now and i havent noticed any decrease in speed with all of my programs set up and all.

Ive been testing Ultimate and Home Premium and i like them both but i keep going back to xp because i don't seem to have enough hdd so when i Finlay get a bigger internal hdd i will upgrade, if you are like me and are unsure just ghost your current OS then install vista to try it out, if you don't like it go back to your old one.
One thing i found last night is AVG INTERNET security slowed down my computer immensely (on Vista)

I use Vista Ultimate and let me just say, it is far more secure than XP or any other OP. Lots of features and if you have 2GB of RAM its runs perfectly. Even if you have 512MB RAM it is still quite fast!

Another vista basher?:rolleyes: I never had any software issues with vista, heck I got sim city to run on it and that game is over 15 years old. Out of all the games I had, one didn't work but that was also because the disc was scratched to no end. I wouldn't go strictly by websites, they said some of my games wouldn't work but when i tried they worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom