specs-
Core 2 Duo
Intel Motherboard
Raptor 150gig Sata hard drive
geforce graphics card
Sata CD DVD Burner
4 gigs ram (2x2 gig sticks)
620 corsair power supply

Alright so for a while now I've been trying to get this computer to install Windows XP professional, but it hasn't been working, many blue screens of death.

So my roommate said I should try Vista and what do you know it worked like a charm. Now I tried to go back with the XP disc and install and I still get the BSOD.

The person I am building the computer for wants windows XP, my question is how do I get this to work!?!

I've tried a manual install I removed the HD, placed it in my personal computer, installed windows xp, but then I got a whole bunch of errors when I moved it back:

such as, No Bootable Drive, NTLDR is missing

Can anyone advise a solution or possible reason for this, I have to say this has been one heck of a learning experience thus far. Thanks in advance

It could be a dodgy optical drive if it is reading the Vista Disk and not the XP one. That's about the only place to look given the symptoms you've described.

I presume you have deleted and recreated the partition that Vista was installed to. (assuming that is the destination partition for your XP install of course)

Is the XP disk genuine or burnt?

EDIT: If the disk is the same one you were discussing in your other thread then I think that'll be your problem, the media may have degraded, did you keep a copy of the file (ISO??) that you originally burned to the disk? burn another disk and try again, don't copy from the suspect disk though.

The disc I have been trying to install from is genuine, its a service pack 1 windows xp professional. So its a possible CD ROM problem? hm....I'll check it out, maybe because the cd rom is sata and not ide perhaps that is the reason vista doesn't have a problem with it but xp does.

Back
Top Bottom