Vista Freezing at "Completing Installation"
Ok..I have crapped myself for three days trying to install vista ultimate and it just keeps freezing at "completing installation" which is the last step to the process. It's really bugging me ...i've been to multiple forums, googled it a billion times and nothing...and it seems like its not just me either...lots of other people as well...here's what i have tried
1) Normal install - freezes at "completing install"
2) Normal install with a different vista ultimate dvd - same outcome
3) Downloaded sata drivers (as this seems to be the problem in all forums) for vista x64 version from nvidia...vista won't find them during install at "load drivers" screen...
4) Tried to use a difference chipset driver just for sh!ts and giggles but to no avail as well
Here's what I'm not going to try
1) I'm not reformatting my entire HDD bc my XP and my files are on it..my 'future' vista space has its own partition already right after the xp partition
2) I'm not switching my BIOS from AHCI to ATA because A)it's a speed decrease and B)I don't even see that in my BIOS
3) And I would really not like to upgrade my BIOS, A)I don't plan to overclock B) I don't have a floppy so a bootable CD would be a pain unless anyone knows of a way to do it through windows xp and C)I don't plan on having a 800 dollar paperweight if something goes wrong while flashing my bios...
I have a 320GB Seagate HDD and my Mobo is an Asus P5N-E 650 SLI
Am I not looking for the correct drivers? If not, will someone please help me out....thanks in advance
OH and one more thing, i'm quite positive it has to do with SATA drivers because although it see the partitions in the beginning of the install, vista starts to dump its data files into my first partion, xp, because i don't think it really "sees" the others....just a guess...
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy