Vista 32 bit vs 64 bit

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hey, anyone know the the differences between 32 and 64 bit in windows Vista?
I have a rough understanding but just need a %100 answer.

And also if I have Windows XP how would I check if all my hardware, software and games run properly on Vista Ultimate? I have the Upgrade Advisor program but I'm not so sure it's accurate and I don't know if it also checks games.

Oh and one last question, should I upgrade to Vista or should I wait for the new Windows OS coming out?

Hey, anyone know the the differences between 32 and 64 bit in windows Vista?
I have a rough understanding but just need a %100 answer.

And also if I have Windows XP how would I check if all my hardware, software and games run properly on Vista Ultimate? I have the Upgrade Advisor program but I'm not so sure it's accurate and I don't know if it also checks games.

Oh and one last question, should I upgrade to Vista or should I wait for the new Windows OS coming out?

It will take years for the new windows OS to come out.

The differences between 32 and 64 bit are 64 bit supports more ram, 64 bit applications can be far faster and 64 bit has some features not in 32 bit like blocking unsigned kernel drivers and a few other security enhancements.

Give me a list of your apps/games and I'll tell you if they are gonna work or not :D. They most likely ARE going to work. What does your system have?

Give me a list of your apps/games and I'll tell you if they are gonna work or not :D. They most likely ARE going to work. What does your system have?

Blood (and old dos game)
Halo 1
Halo 2 (xp crack)
CoD4
CoD2
BF2
Avast! Home
FF3
Thunderbird
uTorrent
Windows Live Messenger
Spybot SD
Lavasoft Adaware
Red Alert 2
WoW
WC3
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4
Need for Speed Underground
Doom95
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Icy Tower
Bioshock
Crysis
FIFA08
and I got more but cant think now...:)

Blood (and old dos game)
Halo 1 > YES
Halo 2 (xp crack) >YES
CoD4 >YES
CoD2 >YES
BF2 >YES
Avast! Home >IDK
FF3 >YES
Thunderbird >YES
uTorrent >YES
Windows Live Messenger >YES
Spybot SD >YES
Lavasoft Adaware >YES
Red Alert 2 >IDK
WoW >YES
WC3 >IDK
Quake 2 >IDK
Quake 3 >IDK
Quake 4 >IDK
Need for Speed Underground <YES
Doom95 >IDK
Jazz Jackrabbt 2 >IDK
Icy Tower >IDK
Bioshock >YES
Crysis >YES
FIFA08 >YES
and I got more but cant think now...:)

Most of those IDK's are probably yes's...I've never had a compatibility problem in Vista before.

It will take years for the new windows OS to come out.

The differences between 32 and 64 bit are 64 bit supports more ram, 64 bit applications can be far faster and 64 bit has some features not in 32 bit like blocking unsigned kernel drivers and a few other security enhancements.

64 bit forever dude.

64 bit forever dude.
not really. a lot of home users wont have a pc with 4 or more gb of ram and/or know how to use 64bit to its full potential. besides, 32bit is still perfectly fine, especially for basic home users.

Ok ok, now that we are on 64 bit vs 32.

XP might be different. I couldn't run anything on 64 bit XP because it wouldn't let me. Such as Battlefield 2 and 2142. But on Vista 64bit will it allow me to run 32 bit programs. Such as BF2 and 2142

I don't need 4GB of RAM in any of my machines. I have two Windows servers with 2.5GB and they kick ass. I just signed up for the Microsoft Action Pack so they are getting a facelift with Windows Server 2008 :D.

Back
Top Bottom