Virus that i cant locate

arent they free anti viruses ? theres a reason companies like nod32 and norton charge for there anti virus protection lol

you should really get an anti virus worth having for now download the free trial of nod32 and run that in safe mode

I still say give NOD32 a shot before going to reformat. Reformatting is a pain in the butt in my opinion and should only be a last resort. If you're going to reformat, do as blackjack said and backup your data otherwise things could get ugly.

Im so glad of programs like Norton Ghost and Acronis true Image when annoying probems like this one crop up, you could have restored to a good working back up image if had used one of the above, do you have a back up OS image?

Hi blackjack i have no idea what a os image is? And i only have 80 gig hard drive at the moment. One of my friends said that it could maybe be 2 things! One its a codac pack conflict cause dr watson never says its a virus but only a program or virus or threat are maybe trying to use memory reserved for windows.and secondly a program is maybe trying to use memory like pinnacle. And it happened shortly after i installed pinnacle. But are busy with that program at the moment. What do u guys think?

1 An OS image is your entire Operating System backed up but in a light compressed form, in simple terms a picture taken of your entire system, it can be put on a disc or a partition or an external hard drive, so if your computer gets a virus you cant shift or you delete a key registry or system file and your computer is not working correctly all you do is locate your backed up image from where ever and select restore, your hard drive will be wiped clean and all the data on you image back up put on, in its place. you will have a good working computer in about 20mins.
You can do this as many times as you want, It save the hassle of a reformat and then having to reinstall all your software again.
2 What codecs are you using and what system are you using XP?

Hi blackjack,how exactly do i create such a os image.and i am using xp pro service pack 2. The codac pack is kmligh or km codac.its km something. Dont know exactly cause i am not home right now.thanks

Try uninstalling those codecs and put these on http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm see if it helps. as for creating an Image back up , you will need a specific software for that like the two I mentioned earlier,Norton ghost or Acronis true image.
I use Norton ghost, it is the jewel of all my software as its got me out of many a headache. I don't think there is a free software that does it so you will have to buy it or find it by other means;)

Back
Top Bottom