virus did damage to my computer

gib65

Baseband Member
Hello,

I had XP AntiVirus 2011 and I got rid of it with SuperAntiSpyware. But it left some damage behind.

I am now not able to start any application. All I get when I double click on something like Word is what looks like a DOS command console that lasts for about a second, and then nothing. I can still open folders and double-clicking on files opens their applications fine, but it's when I double-click on the application itself that it won't start. Also, some system applications under the Control Panel, like Windows Firewall or Security Center, display this error message when trying to open it:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

the parameter is incorrect"

No such problems show up in safe mode though, but I shouldn't always rely on safe mode.

When SuperAntiSpyware finally removed the viruses and asked me to reboot, I did reboot and it said that something went wrong when booting Windows and asked if I wanted to reboot the last known good configuration, and that's what I did. I guess it wasn't that good.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my computer functioning properly again?

try to restore your pc manually from start menu
1.start button
2.accesories
3.system tools
4.system restore

follow these steps and see if problem is solved or not

You would boot into safe mode and then run the system restore to before you experienced the problems. Then boot once again into Safe Mode and run AntiMalwareBytes and HiJackThis and then your choice of AV Software suite. That should rid you of the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help. Restoring to a previous point solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom