Video Editing

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
The only kind of video editing software i have is what came with my computer (Windows Movie Maker). And I'm wanting to do a time lapse kinda thing but i don't know if WMM could do something like that, I just can't set the playback speed faster...Would y'all know of any free software that might work? Thanks

i know how to slow down the time the pics are displayed in wmm if thats any good. so you can make each pic show for under a second. im not sure if the same works for videos though.
as for other app's ive tried looking before but most are crappy/you have to pay
this looks good but is £90, although it could be free if you get it from the right place

I know this is not free but Adobe Premier Pro is really good if you get the hang of it. As it has alot more Transitions and effects to use and has two editing screens.

As with Movie Maker it crashes alot and it only gives you one timeline. You can get A trial Demo of the latest version of adobe to try out http://www.download.com/Adobe-Premiere-Pro/3000-2194_4-10331724.html Also get other editing demos and then see for yourself which you think is the best one for you.

Pro Editing Software:
Power Director
ShowBiz DVD
Ulead Video Studio
Premiere Elements
Easy Media Creator
Pinnacle Studio Plus
Win DVD Creator
Nero Ultra Edition
Vegas Movie Studio
DVD Movie Factory

Free Editing Software:
DDClip Free
Zwei-Stein
Apple iMovie HD (MAC ONLY)
Virtual dub
WAX
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer

I hope This is helpful to you and good luck with your Editing. Post some of your work up when you are happy with it Because I hope to see it :)

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7. I made a time lapse on it easily. Time lapse is a series of pictures taken over time, not a video sped up, just FYI as it sounded like you want to speed up a video. Doing that will make video quality terrible. You can take single frames from the clip and make a time lapse that way. You may be able to do it in WMM, but I never tried.

Back
Top Bottom