Video audio issues

pineapple_pills

Beta member
Okay soo...lemme give you my situation first off.
My laptops screen got cracked so I couldn't see anything so I got an exterior monitor, one day I accidently made it so my computer would stop cloning the screen from my laptop onto the exterior monitor sooo now everytime I turn on my computer I have to tap F8 until it opens that menu and then I open it in like....VLG mode or something like that.

So my problem other than that is...like..I can't watch anything on my windows media player, all I get is the audio. I'm running on windows XP by the way.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Okay soo...lemme give you my situation first off.
My laptops screen got cracked so I couldn't see anything so I got an exterior monitor, one day I accidently made it so my computer would stop cloning the screen from my laptop onto the exterior monitor sooo now everytime I turn on my computer I have to tap F8 until it opens that menu and then I open it in like....VLG mode or something like that.

So my problem other than that is...like..I can't watch anything on my windows media player, all I get is the audio. I'm running on windows XP by the way.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

For the first problem, unplug the monitor from the laptop and put it back in again. That should put it back to how it was.

For the second problem, download VLC Player.

Start the laptop with the monitor connected and press the "Fn + F5" key , the monitor will flicker and turn on. on some models the key is "Fn + F8". on your "Function" keys (F1 , F2 , F3 ....) there will be a picture of a small box and a small computer on one of the buttons , that is the button you need to press with the "Fn" key , the Fn key is located on most laptops besides the ctrl, alt and spacebar key.

If pressing the combination don't work on the first try , do it again. You can do it whenever you want , even when the laptop is loading windows but preferably when the windows turns on fully.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!

For the first problem, unplug the monitor from the laptop and put it back in again. That should put it back to how it was.

For the second problem, download VLC Player.

Ive done that many times, doesn't work.

Did that already and still only audio

Start the laptop with the monitor connected and press the "Fn + F5" key , the monitor will flicker and turn on. on some models the key is "Fn + F8". on your "Function" keys (F1 , F2 , F3 ....) there will be a picture of a small box and a small computer on one of the buttons , that is the button you need to press with the "Fn" key , the Fn key is located on most laptops besides the ctrl, alt and spacebar key.

If pressing the combination don't work on the first try , do it again. You can do it whenever you want , even when the laptop is loading windows but preferably when the windows turns on fully.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!

okay soo...I tried the Fn + F5 and all it did was turn off my laptops screen and I can still only use my computer by mashing F8 while turning it on and starting it in VGA Mode

Back
Top Bottom