Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Use Windows 7 'at your own PERIL'

Hi all. I thought you might find this interesting. Although as Microsoft's chief marketing guy he would say this wouldn't he?

Use Windows 7 at your own PERIL, Microsoft warns customers | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express

pete.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
The Candyman

Default Re: Use Windows 7 'at your own PERIL'

I've always loved W7, and I been using this OS for a long time now. I personally think MS is just trying their best to ween people off from using W7, and trying to get them to go straight to W10....but that's just my opinion.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
In Runtime

Well Microsoft does say that they will support Win 7 until 2020 so, and the article does point this out, this guy is basically telling porky pies. But then who knows what Microsoft thinks. Some of the comments at the end are interesting as well.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Standard Microsoft BS; of course they want to do anything they can to get people on Win10... so they can start selling your user data to the highest bidder

Thank god for SpyBot and their anti-telemetry tools.

But I'd also like to point out, that the Daily Express (Just like the Sun, the Star, the Daily Mail and any other conservative scaremongering rag) is not a source of news that I would personally take a blind bit of notice of.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
Standard Microsoft BS; of course they want to do anything they can to get people on Win10... so they can start selling your user data to the highest bidder

Thank god for SpyBot and their anti-telemetry tools.

But I'd also like to point out, that the Daily Express (Just like the Sun, the Star, the Daily Mail and any other conservative scaremongering rag) is not a source of news that I would personally take a blind bit of notice of.
Well nor me to be honest and a few years ago I would have agreed with you about the Tory rags but nowadays I tend to think that they are all liars and cheats no matter what the colour of their politics but that is for another thread.

I only put it up as an interest point and also so that people could see the reactions in the comments. Also the article does poo poo some of what the guy has said.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:47 AM   #6
Golden Master

Just another tactic to get everyone to jump on to the Windows 10 upgrade wagon.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:36 AM   #7
In Runtime

I do not believe for one second that Microsoft needs "tactics." First off 99% of the computing world are using Microsoft products and the rest are using Apple stuff. Microsoft can, very simply, force Microsoft users to use Windows 10 or whatever MS OS they want us to use. In fact I do believe from what I have read on the internet that Microsoft will, virtually, force us all on to windows using two tactics. Firstly every new computer will come with Windows 10 preinstalled and the Windows 10 download will be made automatic with a well hidden opt out, at least initially. Do not think that Apple users will be immune either. Apple are just as unscruperlous as Microsoft with their "marketing techniques."