Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

arncap

Baseband Member
Is there a way to upgrade fro Windows 7 to 10 without a big production? I just started at a new position and inherited a Windows 7 desktop!

Free upgrade with tool is no longer available you have to purchase license and download the windows 10 and install manually. Also, you can purchase disk that has both license and software.

Not sure Titan, There is a rumor going around that Windows 10 Can be downloaded and installed for free again. I think it has something to do with the windows7 leaving. Check it out

Not sure Titan, There is a rumor going around that Windows 10 Can be downloaded and installed for free again. I think it has something to do with the windows7 leaving. Check it out

It's probably a rumor unless it is a known fact. He can try looking up if that's the case.

Ahh this info posted just few weeks ago. Good of you clarifying it's not a rumor.

The ability to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 has never been interrupted.

What went away was MS constantly offering to upgrade your system and then doing it with a single click.

You need to download and run the MS Media Creation Tool in order to upgrade but the upgrade has been available all along.

Guys, I'm confused. I know the upgrade with the Tools works fine as it has always been, but what about the license, does it pass from Win 7,8(.1) to give a licensed Win10; i.e. with the "Windows is Activated" note inside? As far as I know Win10 works normally even if it is not activated but shows but I shows a watermark and some limitations.

Back
Top Bottom