upgraded to p4 3.0 ht and 1 gb.. UNSTABLE?!

mrrovy805

Beta member
hey i just upgraded from a 2.4 p4 and 512 pc 2700 to 3.0 ht with 1gb of pc3200. I also reformated windows xp, but everyonce in a while my computer would just restart. Not sure why HELP? Also its always asking me to debug certain things on websites. any help would be very appricated.

old
2.4 P4
512 pc2700
all in wonder 9600xt
180GB hard drive
soyo mobo

new
3.0 P4 HT
1GB pc3200
all in wonder 9600xt
180GB hard drive
soyo mobo

Well this could be a heat issue (but i dont think so) but check the temperatures in the bios just incase.

Im pretty sure its the RAM. Try taking out the new sticks of RAM and place the old ones back in. I've experienced this problem before and it was the RAM.

hey could it also be a bad install of window because when i would install my programs i would get a lot of errors and especially when i installed office it would give me errors and restart the computer. I am now also getting NTLDR is missing. I have changed the boot devices to only hard disk and its still giving me the same message.

im on my notebook now so i can't even try anything out

Hmmm... formatting would show what the problem is if it is a dirty install of Windows. You certainly shouldn't be getting instability problems with such a good PC... its probably worth a try if there's not much to loose from doing it.

From my experience, recently i had ramdom computer restarts. i boguht some ultra PC3200 and it works even better than it was before.

try not to buy cheap ram, cheap ram usualy dose this in my case, id stick with good, well known brand names

-also becare full overclocking your ram. too much voltage added could also be the problem

Back
Top Bottom