Upgrade From Linux To Windows Xp

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey everyone hoping you could help me here. I want to upgrade to Windows XP from linux because Iam the operating system itself and I cant install updates properly or even update Firefox. I have tried myself and I cannot work it all out. I don't have the dvd recovery thing that you need so I don't know if there's around that.

Hope you can help me.

If you have an XP key to use, you can grab an install CD from anywhere as long as it's the right version and service pack to the key and clean install XP using the key. If you don't have a key you're going to have to by one or find someone that doesn't want/use theirs.

Depending on the computer you are using and what was on it originally and where you bought it from, it might have a sticker with a Windows Key on it. You can install whatever version of Windows/Service Pack it shows on that key. You might have to call Microsoft to get it activated, but if you tell them you changed hard drives or mobo's they will give you the new code to activate it. It normally doesn't take any longer than 10-15 mins (depending on if the automated service will give you the code or if you have to talk to someone).

Hope that helps.

PS. I like how it's an "upgrade" from Linux to Windows.....most here would consider that a downgrade....LOL

Back
Top Bottom