Update Linksys

dinkydo53545

Baseband Member
I decided to update the wireless Linksys that I have instead of buying a new one with speedbooster. Does it matter which of the desktops or the laptop that I run the installation on ? I have two wired and two that are wireless.

Also , one of the wireless (brand new Gateway GM5442 will have a Belkin wireless adapter on it, also it is Vista , where the others are all WinXP. I know its better to have a Linksys with a Linksys wireless adapter but for now this will have to do.. I was having problems but I found out my problem could be because of my 2.4 cordless phone with I just replaced with a 6.0 phone.

I would like to install the update on the Vista one, would I have to delete the orginal install off of my husbands pc ?

Charlene

running off WIRED is better, instead of wireless for this. as for os/network card it doesnt matter, as long as it works

running off WIRED is better, instead of wireless for this. as for os/network card it doesnt matter, as long as it works

Great , thanks , I havent put the wireless adapter on my new Vista computer yet, so I could hook up the wire on it while running the update. Would I be able to use the wireless adapter or are you saying I should keep wired ?

wireless should work fine, but with wired you cant go wrong.
wireless is slightly more risky basically due to it cutting out in the middle then the routers dead

wireless should work fine, but with wired you cant go wrong.
wireless is slightly more risky basically due to it cutting out in the middle then the routers dead

Thanks alot for your help. I will let you know how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom