update drivers?

alucard

Solid State Member
hello guys, I want to know what is the use of updating drivers? do they improve performance of your hardware like codecs do for videos?

They can do anything from increase performance and stability to improve security. Depending on the device, it can also add new features (like Nvidia's control panel).

hello guys, I want to know what is the use of updating drivers? do they improve performance of your hardware like codecs do for videos?

Drivers are software used to tell the hardware how to communicate with the operating system. Without drivers, your hardware wouldn't work very well. Even your CPU needs drivers, though intel vs amd handle them differently. I'll use a good example, video card drivers. Without video card drivers, only using generic ones windows puts in, you can probalby get a max resolution os 800 x 640, not very good. Using the drivers tell the video card how it'll work with the operating system and vice versa, allowing betetr resolution and performance, including acceleration and perhaps 3D if you got the monitor/hardware.

So to sum it up, always keep drivers up to date. This doesn't mean use beta, this means use stable releases if you can. Beta drivers might work fine, but you give yourself a higher chance of headaches. You might ge more bsods or worse performance perhaps. Sometimes they might not even work. It's best to stick with releases to the public that have been tested or darn near close to getting out of beta. Though it's your choice in the end.

Hope this answered your question a little better.

Back
Top Bottom