Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default unmountable boot volume blue screen

Here goes nothin. I have read many posts in order to solve my own computer problems. I am a mortgage banker with a home office network. I am my own free IT department. I have gone from 0 to flash bios in 5minutes flat. (small joke for all you real techies) anyway,

I have been all over the net about this unmountable boot volume thing. Which apparently is a chkdsk/bootex.log issue. I have bought pr.exe and backedup my MBR, reinstalled with no luck. I installed gag and now I can't get past that screen. and of course I can't direct access the c:drive. I get the infamous blue screen. as someone else said. I don;t want to reformat and would prefer not to waist more work time by installing the HDD to another compute etc This is the second time this has happened. With all these threads my head is spinning with options, however I'll let you folks do what you do best and I'll do the rest. I am relatively proficient. I'm not an expert or a novice. Novice++?? Help

sideshow557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Zderadicka Send a message via MSN to Zderadicka Send a message via Yahoo to Zderadicka
Default Re: unmountable boot volume blue screen

You said that you are aware it is a disk error. Have you tried using the chkdsk utility provided in windows. If you have the Operating System cd or boot disk you can go into Windows setup and start the system recovery utility.
Or you canPress F8 when the computer is booting. Choose the Safe mode with Command Prompt or Dos. Type chkdsk /r. I have had this problem happen to me many times and this has always repaired the disk allowing for a normal boot.

Zderadicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:37 AM   #3
The Candyman

Default Re: unmountable boot volume blue screen

Check out Microsoft for your prob. fix.