Undelete partition

camerart

Solid State Member
Hi, (first post)

My computer is dual boot, linux and Windows 10. 50/50%

I was loading a printer drive in windows, and it ran out of space.

Finding that I don't use Linux, I decided to at least move the Windows partition larger, and maybe delete Linux.

In partition manager, and failing to understand how to stretch the Windows partition, I managed to delete a partition.

I then found that the whole computer was broken, and when re-booting shows
[Error no such partition
entering rescue mode.....
grub rescue>] with a flashing curser, which did nothing for two hours.

I have been told that there is a way to undelete the missing partition.
Is this possible? or is there another way to complete what I was trying to do? My main files are in the Windows part, and I have done a simple copy (after the event :( ) to another backup drive.

Any help welcome
Camerart.

Who told you that? Did they mention how to do it, that seems like a key point if they say it can be done.

Hi T,

Who told you that? If I told you, would you know him, I live in the UK :)

Did they mention how to do it, that seems like a key point if they say it can be done. No but he said to ask how.

I presume you don't have any answer.
C.

If a person tells you something, you can always ask them to prove it, if they cannot, don't believe them.

If a person tells you something, you can always ask them to prove it, if they cannot, don't believe them.
Hi T,
When they told me, it wasn't suitable to go into it farther at the time.

From what you say, it can't be done, so I will clean the disk and re-install.
C

Did you try a disk manager? Something like Seagate Tools or for what brand is your drive?

Did you try a disk manager? Something like Seagate Tools or for what brand is your drive?
Hi C,
This is probably what my friend was talking about, but it's too late now, I've installed a fresh WIN10 on one large partition, so Linux has gone. (Nothing against Linux)
C.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Hi,
With a fresh instal, I have another question. I'll start a fresh thread.
Thanks, C.

That's no problem there. What you did was really the best way to start afresh. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom