Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default uhhhh?

ok so idk how it happend but all of a sudden now when i go to my start menu i have to click on "programs" and all of the things under it... which annoys the crap out of me kuz it slows me down... but i dont really know how to fix it because before i had it so when i rolled over it, it would appear instantly

if anybody know how to fix it let me know please!!! :-D

Intel i7 930, Asus P6X58D Premium, 6GB Corsair RAM, EVGA GTX 460 GPU, 1TB WD Black HDD, 27" LG Monitor, Thermaltake V3 Black, LG Blueray drive, Cooler Master hyper 212 Plus Heatsink (push pull), WD Mybook USB 3.0
Johnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: uhhhh?

Right click on taskbar and select properties. Under Start menu tabe, click the customise button.

On the advanced tab, make sure that "Open submenus when I pause on them with my mouse" is checked

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Baseband Member

yeah.. i tried doing that and it was already checked so i unchecked it and then rechecked it and that still didnt work...
Intel i7 930, Asus P6X58D Premium, 6GB Corsair RAM, EVGA GTX 460 GPU, 1TB WD Black HDD, 27" LG Monitor, Thermaltake V3 Black, LG Blueray drive, Cooler Master hyper 212 Plus Heatsink (push pull), WD Mybook USB 3.0
Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
The Candyman

what OS are you using ? are you saying that to open programs you have to go thru the all programs menu ? if so just make shortcuts to the most used programs and put them on the desktop, and if you have alot of shortcuts ..instaed of cluttering up the desktop, make a folder on the desktop and put all the short cuts into there that you hardly use.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Baseband Member

no, i know how to make icons and such but you know when you click start and then move the mouse up to programs how normally it automatically shoots the list of programs out the side?? well its not doing that i have to click on it to make the list appear, and same with all of the programs
Old 10-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
The Candyman

i get you now... i believe that you can do that in the registry, but i'll have to research that, i know there is another way too, but can't think of it right now.