Ubuntu / Win Xp Help Needed

atomic

Beta member
I got a fairly new computer and switched the hard drive from another computer that had two. My computer had winXp on it. The newer had winMe. I switched my two hard drives into the newer computer and put the winme HD in my computer. My computer works fine. After I put the two hard drives in I installed Ubuntu on the HD w/o WinXp. The problem is that the computer will boot Ubuntu properly but it will not boot to windows. Once in ubuntu however i can look at all the files on the winxp HD. The HD with winxp does work as i used it before i switched the drives.
The os(s) are Ubuntu 7.10 & WinXP Pro.

I only repartitioned the HD with Ubuntu on it. I left the WinXP HD alone.
I tried the XP HD in another in my old computer and it worked fine.
The operating systems are on two different hard drives. The computer in the BIOS menu sees the hard drive but won't boot with it. The hard drive I took out of this computer had Windows ME installed on it.

just reinstall win xp and it will work fine.
Right now it doesn't work because it was installed on a different computer which had different hardware.

I am trying to install WinXP on the hard drive with Ubuntu on it. The Ubuntu partition is only 17GB in size with a 1GB swap. So I should have about 62GB of space left. But when I run Fdisk to partition the hard drive. It tells me that my 80GB hard drive is only 10GB in size. Then when I go to partition it only allows me to do a partition of 3GB in size. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom