ubuntu usb stick boot error

dbzkid

In Runtime
i have a problem booting on to my usb stick i used unetbootin to install ubuntu 8.04 live with an iso that i downloaded from the ubuntu site, now the thing is it dosnt boot in to my dell desktop but it boots up on to my eee pc, and i did try diffrent usb sticks (im trying to install it on to a pny 4 gb attche, i also used an 8 gb sandisk cruzer with no avail) now it does give me an error, it says
initrd.gz exceeds size (sorry guys i cant exactly remember what it said ill post exactly what it says in my next post)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(104,1)

has anyone ever seen this/ or know how to fix it? (i have used unetbootin befor and it worked perfectly this time its just actin up)

I dont think you could boot off a usb stick with Ubuntu because the usb drivers have not loaded so the system cannot read the boot files.

dbzkid, I would recommend that you take a look at this. It will tell you how to put the iso on the flash drive and make everything work correctly.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom