Ubuntu on my HP laptop

kkevvy

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,
I have an HP Pavilion dv9830us laptop, its pretty awesome, but I don't like vista. I really put linux on it, I've used it before and really like it. I'll be using it for school as well as games and movies and stuff. I know its a lot of drivers and stuff to install, but I think it might be worth it. I need some suggestions on this, or something haha. Thanks.

Here's the specs-
http://review.zdnet.com/product/lap...ment-core-2-duo-t5550-183-ghz-17-tft/32934392

That'll run Linux Ubuntu easily.

I've been using and customizing it for about 2 weeks now and I love it.

Hi,

You shouldn't have a problem with running Ubuntu. I would recommend that you run a dual boot. If you are taking this to school with you there might be times when you need a windows program that just doesn't run on linux. If you need any help then you can ask away and we will try to help you.

Cheers!

Sounds good. Does a dual boot use more system processes and stuff than a standard single OS boot? I don't know much about dual booting and having virtual machines and all that. Thanks for the info.

Well, all a dual boot means is two operating systems on the same hard drive (or different hard drives on the same computer)

What you would have is when you turn on your computer you select either Ubuntu or Vista to boot into. It will take up what vista is now and the Ubuntu install for hard drive space but you will only be running one at a time so each will have all the RAM and resources on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom