Ubuntu Help!

atomichybrid

In Runtime
Hey fellas,

I've just switched from Sabayon to Ubuntu Maverick and loving it. My problem is that I'm trying to install Beagle, I can't find it from Synaptics nor Ubuntu Software Center. So I've downloaded the tarball from the beagle project site. I've extracted it to a folder and when I go to the terminal I would type the following

./configure
make
make test
make install

The problem is the 'make' command, it displays 'No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.' there is a makefile but it has an extension "Makefile.am'. I've removed the extension to test it out but another error came by '*** missing separator. Stop.'

This is Ubuntu Maverick x86_64 so I'm guessing its a 64bit system, does this make a difference?

Apologies to the lengthy story, but greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers.

I have discovered that there is no support for Ubuntu 10.10 so for the people out there who did know its not possible to install.

Go to linuxquestions.org they will help you. They have assisted me whenever I have had linux trouble.There should be 10.10 support, given that they are currently testing 11.04

As I was going for the individual installation for the function of beagle i noticed that there is none of them in the synaptics, but i will give a shot on the two websites recommended from you guys and see what happens.

cheers

Hi,

It would appear that beagle isn't in the repos as you found out, it would appear that beagle is no longer in development. I might recommend that you give tracker a try. If you want to try and install it anyway, I would recommend having a look at Getting Started. I can help you with whatever question you might have from this, too. Sorry if this bums you out.

Cheers!

wmorri,

I appreciate the help there, i really do but ive found something similar to beagle and its deskbar. At this point its similar to beagle and im quite happy with it.

Thanks for the help

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom