ubuntu help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I have Ubuntu 9.10 64 Bit

Before I install it on my system do I need a newer verson or is this ok?

And can I get any Wine to work or do I need one for the verson of Ubuntu?

And what happens when I go on the net with Ubuntu can it work on YouTube and play the videos they play with Flash??

I have Ubuntu 9.10 64 Bit

Before I install it on my system do I need a newer verson or is this ok?

10.04 is the newest version but 9.10 was very stable and has great compatiblity.

And can I get any Wine to work or do I need one for the verson of Ubuntu?

http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

And what happens when I go on the net with Ubuntu can it work on YouTube and play the videos they play with Flash??

Ubuntu comes with Firefox, so you'll need to go to www.adobe.com and download the Flash install for Firefox to view things like YouTube.

Now it has bean some time since I installed flash even on this win xp pro

so do I have to get a flash for ubuntu or firefox???????

when Install flash do I install it in ubuntu install programs?????????????

Sure do like that question mark.... xD

You actually just launch a FireFox browser, go to www.adobe.com and on the right side of that page there's a "Download Flash" button. Click there, then it will recognize that you're using FireFox on Ubuntu and have the appropriate download for you. Click the install for Ubuntu, you will get a popup for the root password, as it's installing a package, then it will install. Restart Firefox once it completes and YouTube it up.

Do you use Ubuntu????

I have win xp pro and I would like to install Ubuntu as Other OS.

But I want to keep win xp on and make second Part. and put Ubuntu on that.

But it seems a little CRAzzzzzzzy to me.
I am useto making the PAT. after format and install win one one and the other OS on the other.

But now I foundout you can make a part with win xp still on and just make a PART for Ubuntu.

Makes no sance to me because when you partition a drive it must be doen at format???????????

I do use Ubuntu, but minimally, so I'm not the brightest crown in the box on this stuff...

With Ubuntu, if you want to use it as a permanent OS, you will want to format, as this is the more stable way to go. However, Ubuntu has an installer known as Wubi included with it. What a "Wubi install" does, it takes a section of the Windows partition, say 30 Gb's or whatever you set it to, and creates a virtual partition so you can install Ubuntu there, and installs the Windows bootloader I believe (haven't had a wubi install in a while). So it's an Ubuntu installation on a Windows partition using a virtual drive.

OK if I want I can just put the Ubuntu Live CD in and run it like this and not install it.

Or I can make a Partition and have Ubuntu on the second PART.

Or I can run Ubuntu Woby and install it right into my C: Drive without Partitioning it.

And it will still give me a Daul Boot.

I am having prablems getting Documents on how to do it???????
Does Woby come with Ubuntu??

Once you put the Ubuntu CD in the Windows system it will autorun the Wubi installer if that's what you're looking to do.

Well i9f I get Ubuntu 10.9 this is not Wubi right?

Wubi is a whole other Ubuntu program or am I not understanding it?

Wubi is just another part of the Ubuntu install and comes with all the newer version of Ubuntu so 10.04 will have it as well.

Back
Top Bottom