Ubuntu goof'd my bootloader

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
Ok, I had Vista installed. Then I installed 7 on another partition. Then I decided I didn't use Vista, so I formatted the partition and slapped Ubuntu on it. Now I can't get back into windows7. I've tried the install disk/restore windows option, but it doesn't detect my Windows install. I know that I didn't format the partition though, as I've been pulling some files from it now and then under Linux. Help? I'm at a bit of a loss right now...

I've tried that, but the install disk doesn't even recognize that I have Win7 installed.... I'm going to try Darkseeker's advice in a bit though, I'll see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Darkseeker, neither of those commands worked for me :S

I made the NTFS partition bootable, and tried restoring the Win7 install with the disk, and now I can't boot in to either. it just says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Now what do I do? :'(

I got the GRUB loader working again and can get into Ubuntu now. Still no 7 though

I've fixed it. I have to reinstall everything, due to Win7 not being on a primary partition =/

It was imminent anyhow.

=( sorry we weren't able to help, but on the bright side, sometimes a fresh install is nice =) i do one every 3 months, jsut for a change, and the thrill of new....I'm weird i know

Back
Top Bottom