ubuntu, fedora, or gentoo?

dbzkid

In Runtime
which one should i use, ive been trying linuxes for about a year, but i guess im still a noob, but yea, i installed ubuntu and its pretty good and easy to use, but i have a friend that uses gentoo and he says its really good, and i have heard good news about fedora core, so which one is the best (or the better out of those 3)? (im willing to learn just about anything to have the best (or better of the) operating system(s))

ubutu is simple and easy to use but fedora core is just jam packed with extra goodies. there all free and avaible for download i belive. i would suggest using ubuntu to see if you like linux at all

I use Ubuntu and I am not complaining. It looks great, has easy to use features and is great for a person that is just starting with Linux. It is possibly the most user-friendly distro of Linux.

As for fedora and gentoo, I have tried them both and even though they are also good, I prefer Ubuntu for its simplicity. As rudster mentioned, fedora has more features, but is also for a more advanced Linux user.

I think Ubuntu is the best. It is so easy. Installing the drivers, for nvidia anyway, takes like two clicks.I also like synaptic. Everything I need is on there. Gaming has become easier to me. I use Cedega so I can use all of my new games. Granted, it doesn't support all games, it supports all of mine. Like Halo, Half life, NFS Carbon, and others.

Ubuntu here also, Feisty Fawn! I have it on my rig and laptop. Duel boot with XP if it was up to me I would convert all Windows machines to Ubuntu or any Linux.

Another thing, Fedora can be sluggish at times and Gentoo doesn't compare to either in my eyes.

I have used Fedora 4 and 5. They are monsters. 4-5 disks for an install, insane. I used it with the KDE environment... i enjoyed it for the most of it but I am honeslt loving Ubuntu. Very, very easy to get used to. As far as Gentoo, thats one I need to put on my list. ;)

Back
Top Bottom