Ubuntu..

Hi,

I am going to agree with unleasher on what he is saying. Though, I will tell you that playing Crysis on Ubuntu is probably not going to happen. I guess the question that I have for you is what do you want to do with Ubuntu? Ubuntu has a lot offer a person, there is the simple fact that it is a free OS. There is the opportunity to help the community if you feel that you want to. For instance, I am member of the documentation group with Ubuntu. I am also a Fedora Ambassador so there are many opportunities to help out there if you wanted too.

As for compatibility you will be able to run Ubuntu on virtually any hardware. New hardware will work fine with Ubuntu. Unless you have a very obscure piece of hardware I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers!

Oh, yeah I thought so well I guess gaming...not like HARD to the CORE gaming but gaming nonetheless.

Its a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card I have tried to get it working and just cant seem to get it working..

Well i followed his advice and unfortunately its still not working wirelessly sadly enough :-( Too bad becuase it would be really nice to dual boot this with ubuntu and windows 7

HAHA! I got it! I had to enable the broadcom43 driver and once i did that it magically started working!

Back
Top Bottom