trying to switch hard drive name

tylerbe992

Baseband Member
hello!

i have a c and a d drive..my c drive only has 13 GB's on it and my d drive has 300 GB on it...how do i switch the D to the C drive?

plz help

xp or vsta? go to start,control/options, administrative options,computer management, storage right click your hdds name and click change drives letter path.

and boom! your done.

xp...i also tried to do what u said but it wont let me change the C drive name....ughhh

it says windows cannot modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume

try the d and make t something else (e) change c to d and then E to c i don't think you can change it f the drive letter is in use at that time.

no i don;t think so, c is just a stadard primary drive letter, try it out and see what it does man.

still cant do it...is there a way i can set D as a "primary" drive idk i need that drive to be c though lol

youll have to ask someone else on the forum, but you may be able to pysically switch the to drives and make your c a slave and d the primary, BUT ASK FIRST! it may mess your pc up so ask someone here who has done it before.

ya because the files that start up my computer are on D not C...should i still make c a slave and d a primary?

i only have 2 mb on my disk and i keep getting things popped up saying its extremely low

Back
Top Bottom