Trouble with Outlook

Kylothian

Baseband Member
One of my clients Mircosoft Outlook seems to crashes after awhile when not in use. When he is not using outlook say after an hour or so he wants to open another e-mail, outlook just crashes. The whole not responding in the title bar. That pop-up box please tell Microsoft about the issue doenst appear. when i restart outlook it crashes again so i have to restart his computer. He was using MS outlook 2003, but i removed that and installed 2007 i thought that would solve the problem but its still the same. I did a virus scan picked up a few a spyware and viruses removed that still giving the same issue.

Dont know if anyone else experienced the same issue
Im working at a college so formatting is not really an option for me

Any thoughts or ideas?

Kylothian, not sure if you've posted an intro thread as I haven't seen it so Welcome to CF.
I would uninstall the entire Microsoft Suite and then run CCleaner to remove all the invalid Registry entries hopefully to remove anything to do with the Office suite.
Cold boot
Then run Windows Update
Cold Boot
Install Office again
Cold Boot
Run Microsoft Update through the Office suite to update Office
Run CCleaner once more.
Cold boot
Then test Outlook.

I may be getting excessive with the Cold boots :rolleyes: but I like to be sure everything is done properly. Let us know if that works por favor.

:) thanks bud, feelin at home lol.
Will CCleaner remove all the office entries out of the registry? or shuld i check the regisrty myself just to be on the safe side? (just curious)

Will check that out and let you know
Thanks alot :)

No problem, once the program is removed, CCleaner will go through and remove all the registry entries left behind by programs that no longer exist. The registry is typically a no fly zone if you don't really know what you're looking for, and some of the keys are shared by Windows Processes so removing entries manually is a bad idea. Everything you do in the registry is real time, so if you make a mistake, you coud really get a tokyo moment there. Leave the registry stuff up to CCleaner, it's a great little program and completely free too.

Shot. I know CCleaner, dont use it often but that might change :p
Will check it out and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom