Toshiba T5200/100

udornvet

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm new to this group and waas hoping to get some help from the more experienced people on an older laptop system, my brother in law gave me from where he works...

This is just a hobby fiddling with these old puters. I run a DELL 8300 Dimension, with 19" flatscreen here at home.

This laptop I'm playing with is a vintage 1989-90 Toshiba T5200/100. Looks like a briefcase, and has the combination lock on it. I just got it up and running this week, and found it runs on Windows 3.0...old right? Anyway, I'm having trouble getting a mouse to work on it. It says it uses a Microsoft mouse 7.04, and any other mouse will not work. Error message tells me, "Microsoft mouse not found"

It also has a 3.5 floppy drive, which is all this laptop has. I can't get the computer to recognize this either. I know a little DOS, but not much...I have no operator manual with this, and am flying blind here. Anyone have any suggestions or know any links where I can go to, to solve these problems? I can probably find the microsoft mouse "driver" needed for this system, but still ned to get the floppy drive working...

A guy at work yesterday had it working, but there was something I had to do first to get it working...Can't remember what...

Thanks for any assistance...I have photos of this computer if you would like to see it to confirm the model...

RB

first, you may be better off posting this in "general computer hardware/software", but i was not even born when this computer was made, and i have never heard of a mouse 7.04, but there are many members that might be able to help you. my suggestion is post in the other section, and maybe check ebay for a "mouse 7.04"

Back
Top Bottom