Torrent application problem

alucard

Solid State Member
Hello guys,
it's actually my torrent application that is the problem. It seems to be downloading and uploading some torrent file even though I have deleted all the *.torrent files. The thing is there is something a 'recycler' folder and it has lots of hidden torrent files.. So I was just thinking if anyone could tell me what this recylcer folder is and how to stop the torrent application.

i am not completely sure if i understand your question, but the torrent file that you download for your application (like vuze or Utorrent) is just the file that gives information about where to download the file that you want.
by deleting those will not stop the uploading to other downloaders. you need to stop the seeding. just right click on the file in your application and select delete and the remove from library. (in vuze it is like that, dont know what application you are using)

It sound like you have a worm or something allowing someone else to hijack your computer.The RECYCLER folder was a part of Windows XP which held deleted fils (the Recycle bin) so it's a nice folder to hide malware and such in because users assume it's part of the OS.

First, I'd suggest uninstalling Bit Torrent so they will stop sending more stuff out. Then start looking for that malware.

Microsoft Security Essentials might help, or another Antivirus program such as Avast or AVG. (only use one antivirus program at a time). Malwarebytes might be of use, and HijackThis is very useful to at least discover what is running on your system without your knowledge/consent. Once you discover what malware is installed, then you can search out solutions for removing that specific malware.

Back
Top Bottom