Is there any free anti virus programs out there that is legit?

Yeah thats true. Avast (like many other) only includes a firewall in the payed version.
I am just using the standard Microsoft's firewall. It's actually not that bad. But there are 3-party firewall out there for free that should be better than the standard MS Firewall.
So you can get a free anti-Virus software and then install a free 3-party firewall. Then a free spyware scanner followed by a free registry cleaner. You can find alternatives to all the extra added features Avast security edition (and even Premier edition) has to offer for free. This is the case with other AVs as well. No need to pay for anything. Unless you wan to pay a subscriptions to have it all in one packed.

Yeah i am not a fan of AVG ether. I know many who likes it. I just prefer Avast over anything else i have tried.

Last edited:
Thats completely true. The reason that I was even suggesting it was because a lot of people believe that if it doesnt come with a firewall, its not protecting you as well. We have the companys to thank for that...

I've never had a problem with it, though I see the new free version of Avast will also install Google Chrome. And nice to meet you all aswell.

Back
Top Bottom