telnetting in XP emulator

emu

Beta member
hello,
was hoping someone here has done something like this before...looking to speed up the login process for my colleagues here at work, so i decided id try to write a bat file to run a batch of telnet commands with user input and a list of names...

heres what i got:
Code:
@echo off
:start
cls
set /p url=Type the IP or Domaine name:
set /p name=Type login name:
Telnet -a -l %name% %url% 79 
pause
goto end
::
:end
cls

what happens when i run this is it goes threw the user inputs and I type our domaine and my name and when it goes to login to the finger port and then waits for user input vs auto loging in what i typed for the login name...

also, the big guy suggested we have a list of all the guys login names here at work, which can be ran with the script and compared so that the users could quickly be reminded of the names in the database if they are not in the office, by uploading the file to the base and then running it, yeah we know this would reveal others names and info, but we are on a secure server, and you would basically have to guess the IP or domaine to get on our finger port, so we dont care how much info it shows and to whom, since we are the only ones who will see it at any given time...

EX:
list.txt
amma
ahem
abem
anum
avum

the above txt would be called and analyised by the telnet program and each name would be used to login into the finger port, one by one, until the user finds his own name, we could just give the users an easy name but we change them constantly so it's hard to remember...of course the above list is not the real login names but you should get the point...

I suppose i would need some kind of looping code which would take the names in the txt list and assign each a variable, and then as it loops threw it would try each name as login to port 79...

i hope you guys understand, just ask if you need more info.

thanks in advance

emu

emu said:
hello,
was hoping someone here has done something like this before...looking to speed up the login process for my colleagues here at work, so i decided id try to write a bat file to run a batch of telnet commands with user input and a list of names...

heres what i got:
Code:
@echo off
:start
cls
set /p url=Type the IP or Domaine name:
set /p name=Type login name:
Telnet -a -l %name% %url% 79 
pause
goto end
::
:end
cls

what happens when i run this is it goes threw the user inputs and I type our domaine and my name and when it goes to login to the finger port and then waits for user input vs auto loging in what i typed for the login name...

also, the big guy suggested we have a list of all the guys login names here at work, which can be ran with the script and compared so that the users could quickly be reminded of the names in the database if they are not in the office, by uploading the file to the base and then running it, yeah we know this would reveal others names and info, but we are on a secure server, and you would basically have to guess the IP or domaine to get on our finger port, so we dont care how much info it shows and to whom, since we are the only ones who will see it at any given time...

EX:
list.txt
amma
ahem
abem
anum
avum

the above txt would be called and analyised by the telnet program and each name would be used to login into the finger port, one by one, until the user finds his own name, we could just give the users an easy name but we change them constantly so it's hard to remember...of course the above list is not the real login names but you should get the point...

I suppose i would need some kind of looping code which would take the names in the txt list and assign each a variable, and then as it loops threw it would try each name as login to port 79...

i hope you guys understand, just ask if you need more info.

thanks in advance

emu
Logging in here takes 1 second.
How long do you want to fix ?
I don't have a clue about this and don't belong here.
Good Luck.

Hello

loggin in here is not our concern, however loggin into are server is...

we are the admins, and we would like to make a bat script that aids our forgetful team remember our own passwords, which change constantly without our discression, basically whenevr the big guy feels like we need to, it changes, (very parinoid), if you ask me...

however, he signs the checks and that alone gives him authority to do what he will, reasonably speaking of course...

I have suggested possible alternatives, but like I said he signs the checks, not me...

if anyone gets this concept and knows how to achieve this, then please post, I would be greatly appreciative...

regards

emu

Back
Top Bottom