Technical question regarding Blu Ray Quality

Clarence

In Runtime
Hi Everyone,

Just want to ask a question regarding 720p and 1080p blu ray disks. A lecturer at the University was discussing with the guys one day about pirated blu ray quality (those from torrent sites that say 720 p etc) he says watching these is not the "true blu ray experience" and is not really "blu ray quality and format" . I wouldn't disagree with him at first, I havent actually seen an orignal blu ray disk play on dvd except a downloaded copy off a flashdrive on my pc.:ermm:

What puzzles me though is this? When i do watch a ripped pirated copy of a torrented site ...lets say 720p the quality is crisp clean!! The laptops gets hot very quick (i'm suggesting this is graphics processing) Now when I watch 1080p the computer heats up very, very quickly and then shuts down about half hr into the film. Again very excellent liquid quaility:) I'm suggesting the ammount of graphics in the quality is causing my cpu to overheat.

Question is: Is this genuine blu ray I'm viewing?

Uhm, the bigger problem is probably the computer shutting down, what computer is it? Customer build? Does it have adequate cooling?

A lot of televisions don't even support 1080p, resorting to an overscan function to emulate the better resolution!

But as for your actual question, I'm sorry, I can't tell whether it's a genuine blu ray you're viewing, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom