Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Technical question regarding Blu Ray Quality

Hi Everyone,

Just want to ask a question regarding 720p and 1080p blu ray disks. A lecturer at the University was discussing with the guys one day about pirated blu ray quality (those from torrent sites that say 720 p etc) he says watching these is not the "true blu ray experience" and is not really "blu ray quality and format" . I wouldn't disagree with him at first, I havent actually seen an orignal blu ray disk play on dvd except a downloaded copy off a flashdrive on my pc.

What puzzles me though is this? When i do watch a ripped pirated copy of a torrented site ...lets say 720p the quality is crisp clean!! The laptops gets hot very quick (i'm suggesting this is graphics processing) Now when I watch 1080p the computer heats up very, very quickly and then shuts down about half hr into the film. Again very excellent liquid quaility I'm suggesting the ammount of graphics in the quality is causing my cpu to overheat.

Question is: Is this genuine blu ray I'm viewing?

Clarence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Technical question regarding Blu Ray Quality

Uhm, the bigger problem is probably the computer shutting down, what computer is it? Customer build? Does it have adequate cooling?

A lot of televisions don't even support 1080p, resorting to an overscan function to emulate the better resolution!

But as for your actual question, I'm sorry, I can't tell whether it's a genuine blu ray you're viewing, sorry!

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: Technical question regarding Blu Ray Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
Uhm, the bigger problem is probably the computer shutting down, what computer is it? !
it's a laptop actually basic pack 1GB memory, i5 CPU 64 GB Hard Drive - it don't shut down on normal dvds or even overheat...
Clarence is offline   Reply With Quote