technical problems

shirl

Beta member
Building my own computer, bought everything new except the ABIT UL8 motherboard and the AMD 939 Athlon 64 processor...acually bought them off ebay...I had a used video card, tried it but it didn't seem to work...so I went out and bought a new one (e-GeForce 6200 LE)...thought it was going to work...I should say that the new hard drive I had bought which was a 250 gig Western Digital...and it said that it was damaged....so I put another used hard drive that I had in it..Maxtor 120 gig...now I'm pretty sure it is formatted and all I need to do is put operating system on it....but I can't seem to get the video card working....I hope this is as clear as mud.

Sorry...I'm new at this..just learning...if you mean onboard card..it does not have one.

yes that is what I meant, how did you know the 250 gig was damaged? Did the motherboard beep?

I know this is kind of weird but if your monitor has an "auto' button on it press it and see if it works. the signal might just be out of range of the monitor and need to be repositioned.

I guess I left that part out...before I had bought the new video card...I tried another one....it seemed to work....and I had the hard drive working...well I was working to put the operating system on it....that's when it came up damaged....so I tried another hard drive...and then the video card didn't work...so I bought a new one of those...now I'm so frustrated, don't know what to do next.

I forgot to say on my last post was that sometimes I can get the screen with the motherboard name on it to come up then nothing...so I reboot it and then the screen says no signal input...could it possibly be my motherboard?

I don't know what I did...but got the windows xp setup to come up....and now it says the partition is either too full, damaged, not formatted or formatted with an incompatible file system. To continue installing windows, set up must format this partition...so I click on format, and the screen says formatting....but still sitting at 0%...so I'm not sure what is happening.

Back
Top Bottom