take pity on me oh great sages of computer knowledge

oohdragon

Beta member
this is the same issue i had with my previous computer. it starts getting slower and slower to load a page and now it's taking forever and i know the end is near. if i open task manager and look at the computer usage box, it is going from bottom to top and bottom to top so far i have run AVG, superantispyware, malware bytes, several programs that were referred to me by another computer forum all to no avail. at this point i have reloaded avg (it's a paid for program) and am re scanning my computer. i have also been to my clean pc, and several other sites that claim they can fix almost everything..ok duh i know that they won't do much but i'm desparate.
thanks for helping!
esther

Have you installed something recently?

well i have installed the fulll version of avg and their pc tool thingie. oh and i've restored back as far as it will let me. other than that the only thing i do online these days is use my usf website to study..all my classes are online this summer and it's killing me. my operating system is windows...oh oh...i did download firefox this last couple of weeks. i also may have installed an update or two, i can't remember. anything else i can answer? just let me know. thanks
esther

well i have installed the fulll version of avg and their pc tool thingie. oh and i've restored back as far as it will let me. other than that the only thing i do online these days is use my usf website to study..all my classes are online this summer and it's killing me. my operating system is windows...oh oh...i did download firefox this last couple of weeks. i also may have installed an update or two, i can't remember. anything else i can answer? just let me know. thanks
esther

Try uninstalling firefox, I had similar problems when I downloaded google chrome. Don't delete it you have to uninstall it, go on control panel then uninstall programs. Hope that works.

make sure you have some space left in your hard drive. Your computer gets slow if there isn't much space left in your hard drive.
also, you don't have multiple anti-virus installed, right? That will slow down your computer significantly, and different AV will conflict with each other, and might result in none of them working correctly, leaving you more vulnerable than having one.
delete programs you don't need in control panel, do a disk clean up...can't think of anything else :p

thanks so much i'll try that ....also, i've noticed that it's not as slow when i use firefox...so i thought..maybe it's windows...so i reloaded microsoft's sp3 to see if that was it...not....any other ideas out there guys? thanks
esther

Back
Top Bottom