Supply Chain simulation in Arena

Zorzie

Beta member
Dear all,

I am trying to simulate a 3-stage supply chain in Arena (student version): 1.retailers (10 locations), 2.wholesalers (3 locations) and 3. a production plant. My question lies on how to efficiently create demand arrivals for the different locations of every stage. Do i need to use a "create" block for each stockpoint? Or is it possible to create a single "demand creation" module which generates demand arrivals for all locations of the supply chain stage?

Thank you in advance.

It is part of a school project, indeed, but unfortunately my supervisor is not experienced with modelling such complex systems in Arena.

Whilst I know nothing about this Arena software.

as a general piece of advice:
if you are trying to model a complex system, or build a complex set of code for anything really,

Break it into blocks:
In this case I'd suggest starting with a single factory and a single wholesaler with a single retailer attached to the end.

then steadily increase the complexity.
(e.g add a new wholesaler) still with a single shop, (then you'll find can you use the same block to buy from multiple wholesalers). then you can add more retailers...

generally whilst you are testing what can be done, (in this example with multiple entities sharing code blocks) you don't need to setup all ten retailers and all three wholesalers, (just setup 2 of each)

Back
Top Bottom