This sucks... Help

AstuteBee

Baseband Member
I been through many problems with this msi pc 1.I on debian can't boot into the GUI to fix this problem I tried to install the full version of debian
2. My USB keyboard does not work with the boot menu of the full version of debian I was told to enable legacy USB in the bios.
3.My keyboard doesn't work in bios. Help? Also my keyboard is fine and works with many other computers so the keyboard works fine

Not being able to boot to gui sounds like a gpu issue. What video card are you using? The usb thing sounds like nothing to do with the os if it does not work in the bios either try changing usb ports.

Please list kernel version and hardware specs.

I take it you have already dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration?

Please list kernel version and hardware specs.

I take it you have already dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration?

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2gb of ram, 500gb hard drive and 7.12 debian I think

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Not being able to boot to gui sounds like a gpu issue. What video card are you using? The usb thing sounds like nothing to do with the os if it does not work in the bios either try changing usb ports.

Some built-in stuff

That's not your kernel version, but all right.

Are you able to issue console commands? i.e., dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration or debconf-show keyboard-configuration?

Back
Top Bottom