Speakers not working after using USB headphones

Sage

Beta member
I have a Windows 7 desk top with Logitech speakers that have always worked fine. The other day I plugged in my Logitech headphones and switched them to default (They never seem to work otherwise). After unplugging the headphones the speakers now no longer work.

This has never happened before, both speakers and headphones are not new and I've always used them in this fashion.

The speakers are set to default again and when I test that they're working through Sound in the Control Panel, it seems to think they are working, but nothing comes out.

I have unplugged, replugged, switched the PC off and on, plugged the headphones in and switched the speakers to default whilst the headphones are still in (and also unplugged). The headphones still work fine.

No idea what's going on! Very annoying

@OP
On your taskbar, right click the audio icon and select "Playback Devices"
Select "Speakers" and then click "Set to Default"

This happens when Windows creates a logical audio controller for the device and then does not properly restore default audio devices when the device is unplugged.

@OP
On your taskbar, right click the audio icon and select "Playback Devices"
Select "Speakers" and then click "Set to Default"

This happens when Windows creates a logical audio controller for the device and then does not properly restore default audio devices when the device is unplugged.

This. Basically, it treats your USB headphones as a separate soundcard. My G930 headset does this, it's quite annoying, I have to manually change it for my HDMI output on my video card as well.

Back
Top Bottom