SP2 Help!

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi there,

I have recently formatted and when i reinstalled Windows did not have SP2. I had it on before i formatted and was recieving my Windows Updates no problem. Once I reinstalled Windows i downloaded SP2 and installed. It then did the first update, fine. The second one however, did not. I installed the 2nd update and after that my computer would not boot up. I formatted a second time, and it did the very same again. After formatting a third time, i turned off Automatic Updates. This is where i stand. I really need the updates as they have done me good in the past. Are there any suggestions as to how i can fix this error?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you,

Matt

P.S. People have told me that if i get a copy of Windows that has SP2 with it, you will not recieve this error?

The DL has it's drawbacks. It appears to muck up more times than not. You can get the SP2 cd for FREE from Microsoft. All you have to do is ask for it. www.microsoft.com
Now there is another method of getting XP merged with SP2 and that's SimpleSlipper. It's quick and easy to use. Get it from here. >>>
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=204781
If you have any problems with it or just have any questions drop me a pm and I'll get up with it's creator and pass them along.

It may be so because during the transfer some of the files may be corrupted, especially if your downloading from multiple sources and you have to put them all back together, i once had a problem with this ...
As seti said, you can get a free windows xp sp2 disc and then install it, or you can download the full package which comes as a installer for it professionals and install everything, without having to let windows choose which updates you need

Back
Top Bottom