something isnt right. possible GPU issue?

mwes1987

Solid State Member
Hey all new to these forums but im in need of some information, when it comes to pc's my knowledge only goes so far I wouldn't say I was capable to say build a pc, but I do enjoy playing games etc on my pc and that fact that's its been playing up for a week is starting to get me down, started off with my screen losing the image, no power was lost on the monitor and the PC was still running, I was unable to do anything other than reset the system, this seemed to happen quiet often for periods then I would get a whole evening of no issues.
later last week I started getting the "Driver display has stopped responding and then recovered" where the screen would blink off and then back on, this was when I started doing some research into fixing a problem watching videos on youtube and installing Ccleaner which was supposed to help, along with this ive made sure my Graphics card driver is up to date ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570) which it is.

after installing and using the Ccleaner I thought id cracked it as I had no issues all over the weekend but then yesterday morning it happened again.
Im not sure if I have a software issues or maybe my GPU is on the way out?? im willing to try any suggestions or answer any questions that's my help with the issue.
thanks in advance matt.
PS if it comes to it upgrading my GPU wouldn't be the end of the world because when I brought this pc off computerplanet 3 years ago the plan was to always upgrade it any way

current specs are windows 7 home
intel core i5 - 3500 4 x 3.30ghz
Gskill 8.0 gb ddr3 1333 mhz
Nvidia GeForce Gtx 570 1.28gb
1000gb 7200 RPM sata III HDD
Asus P8P67-LE (intel p67)
700w PSU

also .. might not be abythign might be... ive noticed I don't seem to get the issue when I start up with my head phones unplugged (ex-05 gioteck), will download the GPU-Z now thanks. downloaded it and il run it later after work when I play abit Ive got it logging so I can get some evidence but at with nothing running its at a stead 39-41.

Last edited:
Check out my post Here. everything I say there is also relevant here, especially the parts about using safe mode to empty and reinstall drivers and about the PCI-E driver. (obviously change 'catalyst control centre' out for the latest drivers from NVIDIA's site)

used DDU and reinstalled just waiting on a time when I can give the pc a good running been keeping my eye on the GPU temp and its mostly around 35-60 so I don't think that's the issue. thanks for all the info guys appreciate it.

if the problem persists would a factory setting reboot help? I havent rebooted the pc since getting it 4 years ago?

If the problem is software based, it would properly fix it.
4 years without a reinstall is not something i'll recommend. cluttered remain of previous software and other junk grows over the years.

If the problem is software based, it would properly fix it.
4 years without a reinstall is not something i'll recommend. cluttered remain of previous software and other junk grows over the years.
Could not agree more. When I write software, I make sure that it cleans up after itself, but that was after seeing all of the "Professional" software that did not

Back
Top Bottom