Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
Solid State Member

Default Re: Something Free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
well, i like windows 7.... for the most part.
visual studios is also great. the xbox is VERY popular among online console gamers.
the surface tablet is no doubt a good tablet.

but yeah i will agree that they are kinda going down hill.
To be honest, I have used Windows 7 and it is pretty decent but the only reason for me to use it on my computers is because of Direct X10 and I really don't do gaming anymore so there is no point for me to use it.

My favourite operating system of all time is Windows 2000. That operating system was damn near perfect. It was fast and ran with absolutely no massive hardware requirements.

It is a shame Microsoft stopped their support of it. I am still using Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

It is functional and I like the way it is laid out. If Linux was a bit more supported I would switch to that in a heartbeat and would look back honestly.

kaiser nancarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

Yeah if it wasn't for Direct X i'll be running Linux now.
My current favorite OS is Ubuntu (Using KDE UI) It does have more limited support. but in most cases Linux has an alternative that is free and just as good as the popular windows counterpart..... well... except my dear Photoshop
I like it WAY more then gimp.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
Yeah if it wasn't for Direct X i'll be running Linux now.
My current favorite OS is Ubuntu (Using KDE UI) It does have more limited support. but in most cases Linux has an alternative that is free and just as good as the popular windows counterpart..... well... except my dear Photoshop
I like it WAY more then gimp.
I also use Nuendo and Cubase for music production so I really can't go Linux.

Linux is so much nicer to use than Windows. So much less hassle to update.....none of this go to windowsupdate crap.

just a few command lines in Konsole and it's done. Linux is constantly improving all the time as well.

Windows update are mostly for Security leaks. Linux uses way more ports than Windows but it don't get viruses.

Only 1 major problem with linux is kernel panic which is rare. I don't think I ever had that happen to me when I was using Linux.....That was a long time ago now though.

kaiser nancarrow is offline   Reply With Quote