Somehow XP and Vista are both screwed.

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
So I got up this morning and started my computer. Booted into XP. Then a window comes up reminding me that I changed settings in msconfig, so I click OK, and my computer restarts. So I'm like "k." So I boot XP again, the window comes up again, and I click it, again restarting my PC. So this time, I boot into XP and avoid that window all together. I try to open a folder, but it opens with one click, and it opens like 5 of them somehow. When I try to close them, again, my computer restarts. At this point, I figure my XP is screwed up somehow, so I try booting into Vista. Vista gets to the Welcome Screen, but no login prompt appears. Every couple of seconds it like flickers, but not long enough for me to type in anything. So I have to ask, anyone have any idea wtf is going on? If it was some virus.. how would affect both operating systems?

Are the operating systems both on the same hard drives?? Sounds like a problem there. What model/make are the hard drive(s)?

Well, I got around it (for now). When XP booted, first thing I did was ctrl+alt+del and ended Explorer's process tree, then restarted explorer. Everything seems to be working fine, but I have no idea how to get into Vista, ctrl+alt+del does nothing.

Anyways, if this is some crazy virus... then, I'll probably play it safe and just reformat (even though I just did, like a week ago).

EDIT: And yes they are on the same hard drive. As for the model/make... No idea. Is there a way to find that out without opening my computer?

Back
Top Bottom