Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default some software won`t connect to internet

Hi,i was using Advanced SistemCare and when i was asked if i wanted to update the programm i clicked yes,internet explorer then did try to load but never did so,i didn`t get any error message, just saying connecting... but never did; i can open the browser without problem, is just the above software and some others..like..UltimateDefrag ,WinZip,ect, i soon realised that can`t connect either,for update or to go to their website;i recently installed Nokia PCsuite in my computer and i thought was that causing the problem so i removed it with all his leftovers,then i thought that the firewall (ZoneAlarm) settings somehow changed, so i removed the firewall and reinstalled,,still no solution; i then run Windows Installer Cleanup Utility ,i checked the volume for errors,i restarted the computer
with Last Good Configuration that worked, i did a full scan of malware and spyware and got rid of the threats; i can`t do a system restore because for some reason my computer won`t restore to any points and...i can`t remember what else i did but i still got this issue;
i`ive got XP home edition,Service Pack 3; running AVG free edition,Spybot Search & Destroy,ZoneAlarm firewall;
has anyone got any idea what `s causing the problem
paoles is offline   Reply With Quote